Prize giving, Lunch & Activities
Our generous sponsors and partners have provided some magnificent spot prizes which will be gifted on the finish line at random. The winners of these prizes will be gifted across the finish line at random.
Prize giving will take place at event base at 2:30pm with trophies for over-all race winners in each race option.
In addition, a MAJOR SPOT PRIZE will also be up for grabs at prize giving so hang around to be in to win!
Good luck everyone!
Note: Marathon participants will also receive finish medals at the finish line.
Whakamaru Mi-Camp will be serving up a delicious lunch option for you to enjoy after a hard morning on the trails! A choice of four different lunch options (including dessert and a drink) will be available for only $20 ($14 for children).
Lunch MUST BE PRE-BOOKED: if you haven’t already done so, please log in to your personal registration details (via you’re your registration confirmation email) and add the LUNCH item (this needs to be booked by 3:00pm Thursday 1st November). You will be issued a lunch ticket after your event and this can be used at one of five different serving times. Please email us if you need assistance.
Taniwha 2018 Lunch Menu:
On event day you can choose from any two options for $16 p.h.
- BBQ Pulled Pork Buns with Asian Slaw
- Moroccan Lamb Curry with couscous salad
- Teriyaki chicken Wings with fried Rice & Crispy noodle
- Mediterranean Chickpea and roast vegetable Salad
- Fresh fruit Salad and mint yoghurt
- Warm Chocolate Brownie, Crème Fraiche and berries
activities for the children
We have some great kid’s activities on offer at event base from 11:00 until 3:00pm. All are supervised by professional instructors and available on a first come-first served basis: check in at the registration tent when you arrive.
- 11:00-12noon: Archery
- 12noon-12:30pm: Kayaking (group 1)
- 12:30pm-1:00pm: Kayaking (group 2)
- 1:00pm-2:00pm: Confidence Course
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: Sling Paint